Thursday 12 May 2011

Meds, and home!

So now I have returned home and my whole family can watch me drool in amazement.

While it is nice to be home, it made me have to be on top of things as now I have to change my ice pack, and take my meds according to schedule. Dr. Tocchio hooked me up with:

1. Novo Lexin - Antibiotic which I take every 6 hours
2. Codeine - pain killer which I can take every 3-4 hours with pain
3. Nystatin - some cream for my lips

In the end, it's not that bad, but trying to drink at least 2 L a day is an uphill battle with 60 mL syringes. You can find me awake at 2 am in the morning in this stupor sticking a syringe in my mouth trying to swallow and it is comical.

Here's a pic of day 4. I'm freshly showered and I removed my bandage on my chin yesterday.

Definitely not a flattering picture. My swelling is still pretty large, however I am getting a lot of feeling back in my chin and lower lips, which seems so sudden. I'm not sure if it's the gift of faster recovery or a better way to feel more pain.

Sleeping at home last night - not great. I did have the recliner, however I only slept for about 5 and a half hours. My body could easily sleep double that on any other summer day, but it seems the breathing does keep me up. I am still sticking popsicle sticks in my mouth to sleep.

Either way, it is nice to be home watching the NBA playoffs, I can barely pay attention but it is a lot less stressful than living in a hospital room and living in a bed!

No comments: