Monday 30 May 2011

Rubber Duck like - Day 22 (May 30)

Just a quick update. By this mark, most of your energy should be returning to you, and you can do most things by now. The one thing I am going to put off is working out for another month so I can live the live as an underactive sedentary person and let the bone heal. Apparently in Toronto it is bike month, from may 30 to june 30, so I feel like I should make the commitment to make some bike rides around the neighbourhood.

My lips feel like rubber! Most of my nerves have come back in my cheeks, but my nose/cheek area and chin area are seemed to have gotten tougher and feel like rubber. I'm going to assume it's a good thing. I can still pucker my lips and everything, but it's my other facial muscles doing the work. Crazy.

For those looking for soup ideas, here are the ingredients to my soup mush that has been a staple in my diet.

Chicken(or ham, any meat, just make sure all of the bones are removed)
Carrots and Peas(easiest when frozen)
Potatos
Onions
Garlic
Salt and Pepper

Simply boil the potato, meat in hot water and when it starts bubbling, let it simmer for an hour. Then add a large amount of carrots and peas, half an onion, some garlic, the salt and pepper and let it simmer for another hour. Everything should be soft enough to blend. Blend it until you get the desired consistency of a green mush and you're ready to go! It's a soup replete with fiber and taste, and it goes down easy. It tastes better than it looks.

Daily picture.

No comments: