Wednesday 25 May 2011

Time to cut the couch potato - Day 17 (May 25)

At this point of recovery, I've sat in the reclining chair and watched enough tv that I've caught up on all the shows I watch. Although it's good to be caught up, it also means you've killed a lot of free time. My new plan of recourse is to do some sort of exercise. With a jaw that's still growing into place, it's important to avoid contact sports and any sort of resistance exercises that make you strain your jaw. I'm going to do some biking/running for at least 20-30 minutes daily from now on. I've also put in my contacts, something I haven't done for 18 days. What this also means is that I need to up my caloric intake, because it's already low as I drink 2 smoothies and a high energy soup everyday. I'm taking in over 2L of fluids a day, but my calories are maybe just over 1000kcal if I had to estimate. Far from enough.

Can't wait to see the surgeon this friday, when I get my splint off, hopefully I will be able to down some kraft dinner. We will see. Here's to hoping! Lighting is bad in all of my photos, but I usually just take the first shot regardless.

No comments: