Wednesday 6 July 2011

"You look different" - Day 59 (July 6)

 "You look different." The words that I hear now that I'm starting to meet some old friends.  My count on people that I have talked to/said hi to/had a small conversation with that ended up facebooking me later that day asking if that was me is at 4. They try and pass it off as me getting a new haircut(I did have a mohawk last year), and even suggest braces, at least they try. Actually I have a picture that I took pre-braces as a nice little surprise. I'm jutting my jaw out on purpose clearly aware of my underbite.


Eating - It is great, I'm eating anything now as long as it fits in my mouth. The more you work your jaw, the more it opens. I just had perogies, sausage, and vegetables for dinner and it went down easily. The weight is coming back and I feel great.

Lip biting - I keep doing it and it irritates me to no end! My lip is starting to get cut up on my left side because it will get in the way of my teeth and I unknowingly chow down thinking it's food.

Numbness - My left part of my chin is still numb, and my upper lip as well as that area to the side of my nose still tingles if I gently rub my finger beside it.

Also, I don't want to scare anyone about jaw surgery, but I saw this video and what happened really had me thinking. This boy Justin was to have jaw surgery on June 23/2011. However, based on what somebody posted on his youtube page, he passed away due to medical complications. We do not know what these 'medical complications' are, but they must be definitely very atypical and rare because this was the first time I had heard/read about anything like this. May Justin rest in peace.

5 comments:

Incognita said...

I'm at a loss for words. I actually remember watching justin's video and I left him a comment wishing him well. I had no idea he passed away. This is very sad.

Mrs. B said...

This is incredibly sad. My prayers are with his family.

Rhianna said...

I can't believe this!!! My goodness, that is so sad! He must have had some really serious complication with his surgery. I just watched his video! He was so young and looked like a really nice guy :(

Nora Simone said...

This news has hit us all pretty hard. Watching his video he seemed so happy about it and so full of life. To think that he is no longer with us is just heartbreaking. May he rest in peace and may his family find solace in this difficult time.

swapon said...

Nice post thanks for sharing this post:rowing machine best cardioThis machine is help your weight loss and increase your body fitness.